Yeasu FTdx101 : Pannes rencontrées

Yeasu FTdx101 : Pannes rencontrées Empty Yeasu FTdx101 : Pannes rencontrées

Message  F5PBG le 22/8/2019, 00:12

Ce listing qui sera tenu à jour est à titre de retour d'expérience.
Il faut évidemment se méfier de l'effet loupe que peu procurer ce genre de listing.
Le Yaesu FTdx101 est à mon avis un des meilleurs postes décamétriques du marché.
J'attendrais personnellement un peu de temps avant l'achat d'équipements récemment mis sur le marché.

Aout 2019 - L' ALC reste à zéro
W7IBB a écrit: I purchased the FTDX-101D in early June and got one with a serial number indicating it needed the ALC overshoot problem corrected at the YAESU office.  I don't use an amplifier, so didn't send it to YAESU for the upgrade.  I did install the firmware update a month ago and it seemed to work OK.  I have never had enough RF output on SSB no matter where I set the microphone gain.  Since the power meter on the transceiver only measures average RF output, I purchased an MFJ-870 SWR/Power meter which will measure peak RF output as well as average RF output.  I could get a full 100 watts out on CW, but never did see 100 watts peak on SSB.  It would usually hit maybe 70 watts on peaks.  A couple of weeks ago the RF output went to zero and I could get no ALC regardless of where I set the microphone gain.  I did a menu reset and it started working.  I didn't do a full reset as suggested above.  Not sure what that would have done, but the menu reset worked and I had ALC again, but it seemed to be difficult to get it up to the max level on the ALC meter.  Last Friday the ALC went to zero and would not rise above zero no matter where i set the microphone gain and the AMC knob didn't change anything.  I did another menu reset and still to ALC.  With no ALC, there is no RF output.  I still had 100 watts output on CW, so my finals are OK. 

I called YAESU and talked to Tim, the FTDX-101 repair expert at the Cypress California YAESU office and described the problem to him.  He suggested that I send the transceiver to them for warranty repair.  They will also do the ALC overshoot repair while they have the rig. He said it would take about fifteen working days for them to do the repair.

I packed it up in the box it was shipped to me in and took the prepaid shipping label emailed to me by FedEX to the local FedEx store.  I tried to pay for insurance as I understand that YAESU does not insure these shipments.  I found that FedEX does not insure shipments.  The shipper has to declare the value when they authorize shipment and that I'd have to go back to YAESU to get them to increase the valuation of the shipment.  Not sure how that related to insuring that the shipment arrives undamaged. I didn't want to delay shipment and so sent it without the additional valuation.

I really have enjoyed this transceiver, even with the reduced RF output.  I'm already missing it.  My old TS-440 Kenwood still works, but is like a Model T compared to the YAESU FTDX  101D.  Wish I'd tried to do a Full Reset as suggested above in this forum.  Looks like others have had problems with ALC on this transceiver.  If there is an ALC problem in addition to the overshoot problem, sure hope YAESU finds it and fixes it.  It's nice that they pay shipping, but surprised it takes so long to turn things around. 

Any others see this problem with ALC going to zero?

Thanks, Vee

F5PBG
Admin

http://inforadio.free.fr

Revenir en haut Aller en bas